Monday, April 4, 2011

Touching the Divine

Haven't you always heard that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  When I can see and touch that which I find divinely beautiful my heart sings.  It probably actually only hums, but it enthralls me, and the rest of the world becomes quiet and still. 


This bud, starts opening up and begins unfolding, slowly, lingering, never knowing if it will complete its journey into a full bloom.  I walk around the house with baited breath to find out if it survived one more night, one more blazing day in the harsh sunlight of the sandhills.  They don't show too much, too soon, spinning out little bits of color to my delight and awe.  They taught me just how deceptive a little bit of intense color can be, but I delight in the shades that appear as it opens a little more everyday.  Just as my journeys have taught me to traverse the world, one step at a time, with eyes wide open.  Never knowing what to expect next, just to expect it.



The world offers itself to all us in thousands of ways, reminding us of the mystery and awe in the simple things we have no control over.  I'd like to have ten blooms on every bush, but I'll take what I can get.  Much like the rest of my life in many ways.  It shows me that I must remember my place in things and to rise and meet the best in myself.  As each bud opens, I feel myself respond, sensing the real power in what is seen and valued.  Especially a smile!



Smiles.  Smiles are the threads that guide me through my days.  A bloom is good for a day, sometimes two, before it starts fading.  You will remember the beauty of a bloom and never forget the person that made you smile.  Alot of times the only thing I have to offer the people I meet everyday is nothing more than a smile, with the hope that it will transform their day and make their next few steps risks worth taking.






3 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet soul. And you make me smile every time I pop in for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's amazing how good it feels to just put a few words down and get some feelings out! It takes my concentration on the not so good moments during my hectic work day. Unfortunately I can't link to fb because of the people I work with that have friended me, I don't want them any more involved in my life than they already are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the reasons I hesitated to start blogging again is because I wasn't sure exactly how 'public' I wanted to be. Finally I just said screw it--but there are a few stories I could tell about clients (one in particular) that I won't because it would surely come back to bite me in the butt.

    ReplyDelete