Thursday, March 31, 2011

Castles in the Air



This is where I live.  Really.  In my dreams.  And a girl can dream, can't she?  I wonder around in a mad reverie most of the time, getting lost a lot.  Secret passageways, hidden rooms, it is really a wonderful place to spend time and while away the hours.  Coop and Hen, my imaginary friends, spend lots of time with me, conversing and giggling.  Sharing secrets that only special friends are privy to. I walk around naked alot here, because I can, because Coop and Hen don't really care and I don't scare myself to death.  The windows are open constantly and there are always breezes wafting through, wonderful scents to stimulate my senses.  My books and paint brushes are always within hands reach, ready to stretch my imagination, explore far away worlds and capture priceless moments.  My camera as always is attached to me in some way, shape or form.  I want to be able always to see what I have seen and remember the way it looked the second it locked in my memory.
I have lots of memories, lots of photos and not much time anymore.
But a girl can dream, can't she?

2 comments:

  1. I love where you live. Love it. And I love that you can see it so clearly--the wandering, the exploration, the discovery. I can smell the lilac as it wafts in through the sheer curtains. Room to create, room to breathe. Room to be.

    You've seen where I live in my dreams. It's still available and I truly believe that it is meant to be mine. Red barn, black & white cow, room to roam--I repeat that inside my head. Red barn. Black & white cow. Wooded acreage. Wandering amongst the trees. Mossy mornings and porch swing sunsets. Painting, reading, writing. Afternoon napping as a matter of habit. Room to create, room to breathe. Room to be.

    And I'm realizing that I spend too much of my time working to maintain stuff that I really don't care to have when what I really want is room to create, room to breathe. Room to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting there, slowly, but my aim is clear. I really don't want to be tied to the expectations of what others expect me to be, so I am striving hard to learn to just march to the beat of my own drum, and sing off key whenever necessary!

    ReplyDelete