Monday, March 21, 2011

Lost in the Rat Race of Life

It has been pretty close to a year since I blogged.  Between becoming disengaged with myspace and starting a full time job, I lost my words.  Maybe not lost, but separated from.  Several of you have encouraged me, and championed me to return to the wonderful world of blogging.  I am going to attempt it.  I picked up a journal last night and somewhere over the past several months I have also let my writing go; I could not believe the amount of dust it collected.  Somehow I feel that my words and thoughts have become just as dusty and neglected.  It is not fair to my creative juices to just let them dry up, but some greater force within me tried, with all it's might, to shut me up! It has been a long, dry season.  Lots of thoughts bottled up, opinions withheld and top-secrets buried to protect myself along with the innocent. 

The top-secret shit comes with my job.  Also HIPPA rules regulate what and how I say anything pertaining to my position.  So I will have to make stuff up and change the names of the guilty to protect the not-so-innocent.

I'm in the process of de-junking my art room.  It too has become neglected with the short dark, days of winter.  Projects are planned and waiting.  More than a few of you have been promised something homemade from me before years end, so I must get started.  Ideas abound, so it is time to harness them and turn them into bounty.

It is sad that I let this job take over my life.  But I am going to retake it, shake it up a little and breath some new life into it.  Quite possibly I will find me underneath it all.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We women lose track of ourselves easily, don't we? The job, the spouse, the kids...a million times in our lives we seem to push ourselves aside to tend to something or someone. Funny thing is we would never take crap from someone who tried to bully us away from our happiness, but we do tend to willingly walk away from it all too often.

    Here's to reclaiming ourselves!

    ReplyDelete