Sunday, February 28, 2010

Skirts are high....

I've been reflecting a whole lot this last week; ruminating on what my life is going to be like shortly.  I am going back to work finally.   School is flowing and gurgling right along, so I figured that since things were going so well there I might as well throw in an obstacle or two to keep life interesting.  My physical is scheduled for the 15th so it is safe to say that I won't be starting 'til somewhere around the first of April.  Which means I have another month of wondering and exploring, and if Lady Luck is on my side I may actually have some pretty weather to play in before I am confined to the four walls of employment.

Part of my cogitating is due to this blog.  Do I want to walk away from myspace completely?  I really like the people I've met over there and enjoy the feedback I get, but sometimes it feels a little too much like work and since I'm going to be doing that on a daily basis should I just sign off and plant my hiney here? I can't believe that I even have to ask that question. 



I want to be able to blog about my impressions on life and my adventures.  There are bound to be plenty of new ones coming up.  I feel like I've been bombarded lately by poetry bloggers.  I'm not a poet, I'm a photographer.  And I say that very loosely.  Sometimes I'm no better of a photographer than they are poets, but far be it from me to be the one to write that.  There are a lot of assumptions made that I don't want to be any part of....so I'm beginning to think that if I start blogging and journaling here on whatever ends up being my regular basis I'll be a lot better off. I'm just very comfortable over there on myspace, it has taken me the better part of the last three years to get it all figured out.  I'm making so many changes in my life right now, why not add one more to the batch?

What can it hurt to add to crazy, huh???  It is all very much like talking to myself anyway, at least that is what I aim for and if someone happens by and reads what I have written and understands it, well, all the better.
A few words, a couple of photographs and I will have accomplished what I set out to do.  I seem to entertain myself rather well!  I also use !!! and ... way to much, but that is just the way my mind rolls.  All those speed bumps help me express my feelings, which are obviously left hanging a lot of the time.

 

So much is changing.  Evolving in manners not yet refined, certainly not disciplined in any way, shape or form.  It is strictly up to me to bring refinement to the upheaval of my life.  I've got umteenmillion photos to go through, choose the ones I want to print, mat, frame and sell...it really is a daunting.  And along with those, I have to also pick the ones I want to "show".  This is so exciting for me, it is something I have always wanted to do.  Unlike myspace, the critique will be real life, real time and totally in my face. 

I've grown so much in the past five years.  I guess if I had to sit down and go over milestones, I can honestly say that I have reached the goals that I had set for this period of my life. That's a pretty big thing to be grateful for I think.  I may not make anybody else happy, but I'm thrilled about where I am right now.

The turning point is approaching.  How and when I do it, and which path I choose to follow will become more apparent in the next couple of weeks.

 

Never a dull moment........remember, keep your knees together, elseways, I'll see your knickers. 

Of course the beaches of Spain or the mountains of Tibet wouldn't be bad either.....
North Carolina will do just fine right now.

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you over here. I started a blog here, but never seem to think about writing anything. I've been thinking about things I can do to entertain myself as well. Think I'll start blogging again. MS got to be too much for me. Most of my friends are on Facebook. So, that's mainly why I made the switch there. Anywho...glad to see you here and I look forward to seeing the world through your camera lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Deb; I too spend time here. Mostly when I'm feeling down and I have to write. I will start writing again about things other than my "Letters to Reggie" stuff. I guess it's just my way of dealing with the grief of his passing. I rarely use ms either but I'm thankful for the great friends it led me to, (like YOU for instance!) and for that reason I'll probably still check in from time to time. I will be looking forward to reading your blogs.
    Bye for now,
    Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have followed several bloggers from Myspace to Blogspot. Now the one problem I have with those who have done that, I never know when they post a new blog, with two exceptions. Stephanie and Licha have their blogs here set up where the reader/follower can receive email notifications when a new one is posted. I love that because I never miss a new posting from either of them. Otherwise, to follow the other bloggers who have moved here, I have to try and remember to go to Blogspot daily to see if someone has a new one up. Most times they don't and most times I forget to check daily. I have all of you bookmarked under a Friends Blogs folder I made. I am sorry that it seems I am missing more of them than I read though until I can get in the habit of checking every day...:( I will follow your writing wherever you go with it. But until you and the others can find a way to email me to let me know, I just may be a bit slow and behind on getting there and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped blogging on MySpace when it just became too time consuming. I loved the GBE and met a bunch of great people there, but as the group grew (and GREW!), it got to be all but impossible to keep up.

    Some of the things that I most admire about you are that you are constantly growing and you forge ahead--fearlessly, it seems--to see what might be next. Too many people stop doing those things shortly after they reach voting age and just let things happen, rather than making them happen. I'm looking forward to seeing which pieces of your art that you choose to offer for sale, as I will surely be one of your customers. I have one Deb Original that I just love and every time I see it in my dining room, it makes me smile.

    I'm happy to follow you here. I think that great things await you!


    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Deb! I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete